Check out Malta’s most iconic film locations
Malta will be providing visitors with a chance to visit some of the Islands’ most iconic film locations, in a tour named the Malta Movie Trail.
Since 1925, around 150 feature films and television productions have been produced in Malta. Although the movies shot in Malta vary in size, some of the larger productions that have seen filming in Malta are: Munich, Troy, Gladiator, Waterfront, Risen, Assassin’s Creed, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Renegades and By the Sea. In addition, various scenes from the popular HBO series Game of Thrones, have been shot in Malta.
Moreover, informative panels will be placed in Valletta, to form part of the Malta Movie Trail. The placards will be displaying information about the various locations where popular films were shots, such as:
• Valletta (5 panels – East Street, St Elmo, Waterfront, Upper Barrakka and City Gate/Valletta entrance)
• Marsaxlokk (Munich)
• Comino (The Count of Monte Cristo)
• Birgu (The Count of Monte Cristo)
• Ghajn Tuffieha Bay (Troy)
• Mgarr ix-Xini (By the Sea)
• Mdina (Game of Thrones, Count of Monte Cristo)