Whooooop! I got nominated for a Liebster Award!
I’m honored to have received a Liebster Award from a colleague travel blogger this week. But what does it mean?
Well, The Liebster Award is an international award by bloggers for bloggers. Liebster is german and means kindest, nicest lovely, dearest etc. I was nominated for this award by travelblogger Vibeke Johannessen from The Viking abroad. Check out her cool blog here. The Liebster award is a simple way to connect and reach out to other bloggers. Here are the rules. Here are the 10 answers to the questions Vibeke had for me
- What do you regret the most of choosing a life filled with travel?
Absolutely nothing. I want to travel even more but I have to save up some money first.
- What do you think you would do if you didn’t focus on travelling?
I own a video production company and combine that with travelling. So if I wouldn’t travel I’d probably be doing that.
- Is there something you really regret you didn’t do at a destination you have been to?
Yes. When I was in Vietnam I didn’t go to Dalat because there wasn’t enough time. I later saw pictures of friends who did went there and I saw I totally missed out on some cool stuff.
- Have you had a trip ruined because you were sick?
Luckily no, I have been ill but only for a few days at a time. What is a device you can’t travel without? My iPod. I need my music with me. I can do without of course but life is so much better with music. I play different songs on different locations. In the mountains Sohn is my favorite and when I’m on a busy road in Asia some good guitars are great. Have you ever missed a flight? Never.
- Have you experienced jet-lag, how do you deal with it?
I’ve experienced my first ever jetlag last year after a flight from Peru to the Netherlands. I didn’t do anything to stop it because I had to get a new phone straight away because my phone was stolen during my trip. I remember sitting in the phone store just staring at some guy who was explaining me al this stuff about contracts. I just signed and now I pay way to much.
- Have you fallen in love while travelling?
Yes. Check out my blogs about it: SEALED WITH A KISS
- What inspires you to travel more?
There is so much to see in the world and so many people to meet. Every new person has a new story to tell and I like to share those stories. I makes you more open minded.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Having fun travelling the world and maybe running a hostel.
- What is the best travel tips you would give to beginners?
Get rid of all the lonely planets, google and backpacker groups on facebook and start travelling. The places you will end up are going to be so much cooler.
Now it’s my turn to nominate travel bloggers. I had a lot to choose from but these 5 are the ones who deserve it the most. You should really check them out.
I have ten questions to ask them:
– What is the first country abroad you have visited?
– What is the weirdest custom you came across?
– What is the one thing everybody should have in his/her backpack?
– Have you ever been stuck during your travels (because of the weather or visarules etc)
– What do you hate most about flying?
– What do you love most about flying?
– What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a new place?
– Do you travel prepared, booking rooms in front, using Lonely planet ets, or do just see what happens?
– What is the strangest food you have ever had
– What would you like to read on a travel blog?